(Marseilles, 1921 - Paris, 1998)
Son of a family of Tuscan emigrants, he studied Fine Art first in Marseilles and then in Paris. He began welding pieces of iron right away. His first exhibition at the Lucien Durand Gallery in Paris was in 1954. In 1956 he took part in the Venice Biennale, then the São Paulo Biennale and the 2nd Documenta. In 1961 he joined the "New Realists" movement led by Pierre Restany. This was the period in which he began to experiment first with crushing old cars and then other everyday objects. In 1965, he became concerned with expanding plastic materials. In his last years he devoted himself to the casting of small sculptures and jewellery.